The World's Most Powerful 2-Stroke Low Emissions Outboard.
Mercury 300XS Optimax
- Propshaft Rated Horsepower (HP / kW) 300 (224kW)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5400-5800 (20" models 5400-6100)*
- Cylinders V-6 (60 degree vee)
- Displacement 193 cu. in. (3160cc)
- Bore & Stroke (in) 3.63 (92 mm) x 3.11 (79 mm)
- Fuel Induction System 2-Stage Direct Fuel Injection
- Ignition System PCM Digital Inductive
- Charging System 60-amp (756 watt) w/Voltage Regulator
- Gear Ratio 1.62:1, 1.75:1 (SM), (TM) or 1.75:1 (FM)
- Lubrication System Electronic Multipoint Recommended Oil Mercury Premium Plus (TC-W3)
- Fuel Requirements 91 Octane Minimum (R+M)/2 (96 RON)
- Rotation Right or Left-Hand (FM), (SM) Right-hand (TM)
- Shaft Length (inches) 20/25/30 Shaft Length (mm) 508/635/762
- Weight (lbs / kg) (L) 505 lbs. (229 kg) (XL) 517 lbs. (235 kg) (XXL) 534 lbs. (242 kg)
Mercury Racing is all about passion for perfection and the pursuit of peak performance. Mercury have a reputation of exceeding consumer expectations in product quality and performance - something Mercury have carried forward from the late Carl Kiekhaefer, Mercury Racing president Fred Kiekhaefer's father and founder of Mercury Marine. The all-new OptiMax 300XS outboard continues Mercury's heritage of delivering more power and performance than competitors with the same horsepower rating.
The heart of the new 300XS "Stroker" is a 3.2 Liter V-6 powerhead featuring a stroked and precision-balanced crankshaft for maximum power and performance. A dampener ensures smooth running throughout the engine operating range. New pistons feature an updated profile and a composite coating for improved wear life. Piston ring life is doubled thanks to a composite chrome coating.
The exhaust port, combustion chamber and fuel induction designs are direct descendants from Mercury's Formula 1 tunnel boat race engine. Airflow through the reed block fuel induction system is enhanced due an enhanced air box design along with thinner reed material and the unique reed shape developed for Formula 1 racing.
As with the complete line of Mercury Racing OptiMax XS outboards, the 300XS comes with a heavy-duty direct fuel injection air compressor featuring robust maxi-coated mounting brackets and hardware for enhanced compressor durability and reliability.